Version 6.1 is a minor release of Orekit. It introduces several new features and bug fixes.
The most important features introduced in version 6.1 are:
- solid tides force model, including pole tide at user choice, and following either IERS 1996, IERS 2003 or IERS 2010 conventions
- ocean tides force model, including pole tide at user choice, loading a user provided model
- simultaneous support for IERS 1996, 2003 and 2010 for frames definition, which is very important to support legacy systems and to convert coordinates between older and newer reference systems
- greatly improved accuracy of celestial/terrestrial frames transforms (we are now at sub-micro arcsecond level for IERS 2003/2010, both with equinox based and Non-Rotating Origin, at a sub-milli arcseconds for IERS 1996, both with equinox based and Non-Rotating Origin)
- classical equinox-based paradigm and new non-rotating origin paradigm for inertial and terrestrial frames are now supported with all IERS conventions
- automatic conversion of IERS Earth Orientation Paramters from equinoxial to non-rotating paradigm
- support for CCSDS Orbit Data Message
- improved API for events, allowing separation of event detection and event handling (the older API is still available for compatibility)
- merged all the elevation related events, allowing to use both refraction model and antenna mask at the same time if desired
- new attitude mode based on interpolation on a table
Numerous bugs were also fixed.
Version 6.1 depends on version 3.2 of Apache commons math.
We want to thank everyone who has contributed to this release.